Dr. Earl H. Rippie Veterinary Nurse Leadership Scholarship
(For Domestic or International Veterinary Nurses)
The Dr. Earl H. Rippie Veterinary Nurse Leadership Scholarship honors the memory of Dr. Rippie who was a leader in the veterinary profession. Dr. Rippie recognized that nurses are the spoke in the wheel of the practice and the heart of the hospital. He believed the veterinary nurse should be the first person to see the client in the exam room. He believed that veterinary nurses were equal voices on the veterinary team. In addition, he valued veterinary nurses in realizing and promoting what veterinary nurses offered to the health and well-being of animals. Dr Rippie served the profession in several capacities. He was the past president of the New Jersey Veterinary Medical Association, a member of the American Veterinary Medical Association House of Delegates representing New Jersey for 9 years, Past president of the North American Veterinary Conference (now Community) (NAVC), and NAVC Secretary-Treasurer for 13 years.
This scholarship recognizes veterinary technicians and veterinary nurses who have demonstrated leadership abilities and have made a positive impact on the growth of the profession or in their practice. To be eligible for the scholarship, domestic applicants must be credentialed according to their state requirements; international applicants must be a qualified veterinary technician and/or nurse in their country of residence. Once a person has won, they may not reapply.Apply Now
- Application Open Date: May 23
- Submission Deadline: August 1
- Winners Notified: October 1
Scholarship Will Include
- Includes VMX registration
- Economy class airfare
- Hotel (6) nights
- Per Diem (6) days
- The scholarship will include 1 Hands-on Lab
- Winners will be invited to the special events as a VIP
- There will be a Pre-conference meet/greet
- There will be a Post-conference evaluation/questionnaire
Objective criteria that can be validated via on-line submission portal.
- Candidates for the scholarship must submit the following:
Submit a completed application form (which includes permission for use of images/video in marketing)
- Curriculum Vitae or resume (must support the point scoring section of the application)
- Two letters of endorsement by a colleague, mentor or supervisor who can attest to the individuals leadership abilities and impact on the growth of the profession and/or their practice.
- Proof of membership (letter of good standing includes years as a member) in a local, state, regional, provincial, or national veterinary technician association or specialty academy.
- Video: 3-5 minutes in length. Candidate should talk about themselves, their passion for their profession and how they have demonstrated leadership abilities that have affected change in the profession and/or their practice.