NAVC Launches New Programs to Support Veterinary Nurses and Technicians During National Veterinary Technicians Week
In honor of veterinary nurses and technicians who offer compassionate care for animals day and night in veterinary practices everywhere, the North American Veterinary Community (NAVC) today announced new programs and resources for veterinary nurses and technicians. In support of National Veterinary Technician Week, October 17-23, 2021, the NAVC will host its inaugural Level Up: Veterinary Nurses & Technicians virtual summit, free to veterinary nurses and technicians worldwide, thanks to generous support of sponsors like Vetoquinol and Mars Petcare. Throughout October, the NAVC is also offering veterinary professionals a 50% discount on NAVC Certifications and new subscriptions to VetFolio, the NAVC’s online learning platform.
“The contributions veterinary nurses and technicians make to keeping animals healthy and caring for sick and injured animals is immeasurable,” said Dana Varble, DVM, CAE, NAVC Chief Veterinary Officer. “As essential workers, they not only help pets but also support pet parents as part of their duties,” she added.
The 50% discount applies to all NAVC Certification programs (Pet Nutrition Coach Certification; Human-Animal Bond Certification; Certified Veterinary Business Leader) and access to more than 500 RACE-approved Continuing Education (CE) courses, new weekly content releases, instructional videos and more, through VetFolio’s individual and practice subscriptions. Veterinary nurses and technicians may use promo code NURSESROCK21 to redeem 50% discount offers.
The NAVC’s first annual Level Up: Veterinary Nurses & Technicians virtual summit will provide essential training, tools and resources to help them further develop in their careers and continue to offer the best care for animals everywhere. Veterinary nurses and technicians participating in the summit will earn up to six continuing education credits (RACE approval pending) over the two-day summit, held October 16-17, 2021. Timely and relevant topics are offered by internationally recognized veterinary professionals, including:
- Enhancing Skills & Performance Level with Kenichiro (Ken) Yagi, MS, RVT, VTS (ECC), (SAIM)
- Cat Behaviors with Narelle Braunack, RVN, BSc Ecology and Conservation Biology
- Post-OP Pain Management Options with Tasha McNerney, BS, CVT, CVPP, VTS (Anesthesia and Analgesia)
- Team Mental Health/Wellness with Rebecca Jean Rose, AAS, CVT, CCC (Certified Career Coach)
“The NAVC has had a longstanding commitment to provide recognition and advancement for veterinary nurses and technicians around the globe,” said Ken Yagi. “Their progressive industry leadership and outreach efforts are a constant source of inspiration, educational support, professional development and advocacy for our veterinary family,” he said.
As the world’s premier provider of continuing education for the full veterinary healthcare team, the NAVC’s dedication to veterinary nurses and technicians globally includes many valuable resources.
- Today’s Veterinary Nurse (TVN) journal subscription provides peer-reviewed CE, clinical features and professional development articles on a variety of topics, such as anesthesia, dental radiography, practice management, critical care, mental health, and career advancement, along with many others. The journal is free for all veterinary technicians, veterinary assistants and veterinary technician students. Additional benefits include a Case Report Challenge, monthly eNewsletters and opportunities for engagement through TVN’s social channels.
- Dedicated program of virtual and in-person sessions and Hands-on Workshops at the NAVC’s annual Veterinary Meeting & Expo (VMX).
- Dr. Earl H. Rippie Veterinary Nurse Leadership Scholarship, three awards annually, one international and two domestic. The awards recognize individuals with demonstrated leadership and who have made a positive impact on the growth of the profession or practice. Awards provide registration and travel to VMX and a complimentary hands-on workshop.
- Free Veterinary Nurse Resource Center available on VetFolio. This resource center includes CE content, podcasts, VMX Proceedings and more.
- Thousands of job opportunities for veterinary nurses and technicians posted on NAVC Retriever. NAVC Retriever is the NAVC’s industry-specific recruitment app for veterinary professionals worldwide.
- Spark! videos that are specific to the veterinary nurse/technician role.
To explore and learn more about the comprehensive range of all NAVC resources for veterinary nurses and technicians, visit NAVC.com.