NAVC Announces VMX 2022 Pet Pitch Competition Finalists
Five Startups to Compete for Monetary Prizes, on January 16, on the VMX Expo Floor
ORLANDO, FL – January 12, 2022 – The North American Veterinary Community (NAVC) today announced the five finalists for its fifth annual VMX Pet Pitch Competition. These startup companies will compete in a shark-tank-style pitch competition, live from the Veterinary Meeting & Expo (VMX), the world’s largest gathering of veterinarians. They were selected from a competitive pool of more than 35 startup companies that will exhibit their products in the VMX Startup Circle.
The VMX Pet Pitch Competition and Startup Circle give new companies the opportunity to introduce their products, services and solutions to thousands of veterinary professionals and practice decision-makers enabling veterinary professionals to operate more efficiently and deliver better healthcare solutions to clients and pets. The winner of this year’s VMX Pet Pitch Competition will receive a complimentary exhibitor booth at the Veterinary Innovation (VIS) Summit in Kansas City and an invitation to attend Purina’s PetCare Innovation Network’s annual Innovation Summit — an invitation-only event held at Nestle-Purina headquarters in St. Louis, MO.
“The NAVC is committed to supporting these startup companies and helping raise visibility for exciting new products that will help veterinary professionals deliver even better health care to our animals,” said NAVC CEO, Gene O’Neill. “The VMX Pet Pitch Competition and VMX Startup Circle give entrepreneurs the opportunity to bring their innovative ideas to life, network with global leaders in animal healthcare and receive mentorship and critical feedback to help accelerate their ideas into a thriving business.”
Five Finalists Chosen from the Expo Hall Startup Circle:
- MentorVet is an evidence-based mentorship and professional development program for early-career veterinarians. MentorVet provides holistic support to veterinarians through a combination of mentorship, mental health and financial coaching, and online training in professional skills to promote wellbeing in the transition to practice.
- Milo is a cloud solution that uses the latest technologies in software development to offer veterinary hospitals phone, texting, practice management solution (PMS), customer portal, customer relationship management (CRM) tools, marketing tools, website tools and more, all in one software package/system.
- Moichor has automated the process of counting and recognizing different types of cells using computer vision instead of flow cytometry. It is the first application of Artificial Intelligence and imaging used to automate complete blood count (CBS) tests. This new technology enables not only in-depth analysis of routine CBCs, but also the automated detection of hemopathologic disease that would otherwise go undiscovered via standard automated CBC methodologies.
- VetSnap addresses inventory management, an underserved and overlooked, but crucial function within the veterinary field. VetSnap is an integrated, automated inventory management solution that is agnostic to Product Information Managers (PIMs) and works with multiple distributors/manufacturers to streamline the inventory management process for veterinary hospitals.
- Vetted Pet Health is a holistic preventative care solution for pets. Subscribers receive a quarterly preventative health kit with heartworm, flea and tick preventatives, as well as high caliber diagnostics and supplies shipped to their door. Additionally, pet parent members have 24/7 access to chat with a vet professional which allows Vetted to proactively engage members on the appropriate use of health kit tools.
The judges for the VMX 2022 Pet Pitch Competition are:
- Harold Davis, BA, RVT, VTS (ECC), NAVC Board of Directors President-elect
- Jay Delong, Co-Founder, Active Capital
- Cheryl Good, DVM, NAVC Board of Directors Immediate Past President
- Ken Niedziela, Editor, Today’s Veterinary Business
- Aaron Wallace, Director, HeskaView Telecytology, previous Founder & CEO, Lacuna Diagnostics
The VMX Pet Pitch Competition will be hosted live from the VMX Expo floor in the VMX Central Learning Theater Booth 2326 on Sunday, January 16, at 4:45 p.m. The competition will be live-streamed and available afterward on the VMX Virtual Expo year-round platform.
VMX is the largest and most comprehensive veterinary conference in the world and has held this competition since 2018. The NAVC has welcomed over 100 startup companies and awarded over $100K in monetary prizes thanks to the various industry sponsors who have supported this program since its inception.
About the NAVC
The North American Veterinary Community (NAVC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting and advancing veterinary professionals worldwide. The world’s leading provider of veterinary continuing education, the NAVC delivers essential training, tools and resources for veterinary professionals to stay abreast of advances in animal medicine and provide the best medical care for animals everywhere. Through its commitment to innovation and excellence, the NAVC has developed a diverse portfolio of products and services, including: educational events, headlined by VMX, the world’s largest, most comprehensive continuing education conference and launchpad for new products and innovations within the veterinary industry; a robust digital platform for virtual learning and engagement; the veterinary industry’s largest and award-winning portfolio of trade publications; and an advocacy arm which unites the veterinary community and pet lovers. The NAVC was founded in 1982 and is headquartered in Orlando, FL. Since 2017, the NAVC has been recognized annually as one of the Top Workplaces by the Orlando Sentinel. To learn more about the NAVC’s products and brands, visit https://navc.com/. To see our schedule of upcoming events, visit https://navc.com/calendar/.
MEDIA CONTACT: Robin Pence | [email protected] | M: +1-352-317-8651
Nanci Schwartz | [email protected] | M: +1-305-788-8256