NAVC Event Attendee Policy and Guidelines
At the North American Veterinary Community (NAVC), we enjoy a positive relationship with our attendees. Because we receive a high volume of attendance from various members, sponsors, and media, we ask for their cooperation with the following policies and guidelines. This will ensure that our members, as well as our sponsors and partners enjoy the best experience possible. By registering for and/or attending an NAVC event you are acknowledging that you agree to the following terms, which constitutes an agreement between you and NAVC. THIS POLICY IS BINDING UPON ALL REGISTRANTS AND ATTENDEES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THEIR AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, AND REPRESENTATIVES WHO MAY ATTEND AN NAVC EVENT.
On-Site Policies and Guidelines
- All attendees must be registered for the NAVC event or have a guest badge, including anyone under the age of 18.
- While attending an NAVC event, all attendees must conduct themselves in a professional manner that is welcoming to all participants and free from any form of discrimination, harassment, intimidation by verbal or physical in nature or retaliation.
- Attendees must ensure that they are not disruptive to any sessions, workshops, special events, or the overall event experience. Disruptive or harassing behavior of any kind will not be tolerated and you may be asked to leave the session and/or conference.
- Remarks or discussions during presentations should deal with the major issues regarding the presentation, reserving minor issues for direct communication with the authors and/or presenters.
- Content from all learning sessions, rounds, workshops, entertainment, and other special events is protected by United States copyright laws and is the exclusive property of the NAVC or its authors. You may not, under any circumstances, share, distribute, publish, repurpose, or sell any such content, or attempt to do so, in any way without written consent from the NAVC.
- You shall not publish or post any articles, pictures, materials, or any other information regarding or obtained from an NAVC event without a press pass or written consent from NAVC. For more information about obtaining a press pass, please contact Public Relations at PublicRelations@NAVC.com.
- Video and/or audio recording of any kind is strictly prohibited in all continuing education sessions (i.e. learning sessions, rounds, workshops, etc.) without written consent from the NAVC.
- Any person who attends an NAVC event that sells, markets, or represents a company or organization for the purpose of obtaining advertising, sales, or subscriptions from any attendee, sponsor, or exhibitor immediately forfeits their registration fee and admission to the NAVC event.
- At NAVC networking events both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages may be served. NAVC expects participants at our events to drink responsibly. NAVC and Meeting host event staff have the right to deny service to participants for any reason, and may require a participant to leave the event.
- The NAVC reserves the right to deny, refuse, or revoke admission during pre-registration, as well as on-site.
- No weapons are allowed at any NAVC event.
Personal Safety and Security
NAVC works diligently to provide a safe and secure environment at its meetings and events by working with venue staff to make sure meeting participants are safe. We ask that all attendees report any questionable or concerning activity to VMX staff so that they can take immediate action. No concern is too small, if you see something, say something. If it is an emergency or if you need immediate assistance, you should ask any VMX staff member or the on-site security personnel to help you.
Cancellation & Refunds
NAVC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel any event at any time. In that case, NAVC shall refund to you all registration fees it has received from you for this event, but shall have no further obligation to you of any type, whether monetary or otherwise. Accordingly, NAVC shall in no event have any liability to you and shall have no other obligation to you of any type except as expressly stated above. Such right of termination shall not be unreasonably exercised. NAVC is not responsible for errors or omissions on the website or promotional materials. Cancelling your conference registration will not automatically cancel your hotel reservations. Please be sure to cancel any hotel and travel plans. NAVC will not be responsible for any travel plans not canceled by you including but not limited to hotel reservations. Any refunds issued (less fees, if any) will be processed and issued 30 days after the event. You acknowledge that you have read the following refunds and cancellation policy:
|Veterinary Meeting & Expo (VMX) 2020||Until 11/30||12/1 to onsite|
|Registration||$65 Fee||No Refund|
|Workshops & Behind the Scenes Tours||15%||No Refund|
|Rounds (formerly Masterclasses) & Meet the Professor Luncheons||Full Refund||No Refund|
|*Returned Checks/eChecks (NSF)||$35 Fee||$35 Fee|
|**Transfer (Substitution) Registration||$25 Fee||$25 Fee|
*NSF (Non-Sufficient Funds). This fee will be added to the outstanding balance.
**A registrant who wishes to transfer a registration to another person must do so in writing. Registrants who do not have this documentation will be required to pay the full registration fee. Transfers may also be done on-site provided the registrant canceling has not checked in and has not picked up Conference materials. NAVC reserves the right to deny transfer of any registration in its sole discretion.
VMX Guest Badges
Guest passes are for friends and family with no affiliation with the veterinary industry. I hereby certify that my identified guests are not veterinary professionals or veterinary industry professionals. All Guests require a badge including children. Admission into Scientific Sessions, Hands-on Workshops, Rounds, and Meet the Professor Luncheons is not allowed for guests. Lunch is not provided with a guest badge.
The NAVC may have third-party professional photographers, videographers, and other service providers present at NAVC events that have been pre-approved by NAVC (“Approved Third-Parties”). Therefore, please note that any photographs, videos, and audio recordings taken at an NAVC event by NAVC or by Approved Third-Parties may be used in future NAVC publications, online, or in other NAVC materials or may be used by the Approved Third-Parties. Attendance or participation in the meeting constitutes your consent to NAVC’s and the Approved Third-Parties’ use and publication of your image and/or voice in photographs, videotapes, audiotapes, or other electronic media pertaining to NAVC’s events and activities.
As a registered attendee of VMX, you acknowledge, agree, and consent to that (i) your basic information of name, address, company, phone and email address will be encoded on your conference badge, (ii) NAVC may share, sell, or rent limited personal information to exhibitors or sponsors that offer products and services related to veterinary medicine, and (iii) NAVC may also share relevant information with trusted third-party service providers to perform duties such as statistical analysis, packaging and arrange for deliveries.
NAVC may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered. NAVC may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party.
To provide you with more dining options at VMX 2020, the NAVC has reduced organized lunch service, also reducing overall registration fees for all attendees. Lunch will be provided on Saturday and is included in your registration cost. A wide variety of dining options will be available for purchase Sunday – Wednesday, which will allow more schedule flexibility and dietary accommodations. Please reference your confirmation email for more details. NOTE: Saturday’s boxed lunch options will accommodate food allergies/restrictions including vegetarian, gluten and seafood allergies.
Food Allergies (For All Attendees):
If you have a dietary need, please contact NAVC at email@example.com. This must be done in writing 45 days prior to the event. If you do not make your dietary needs known to NAVC, we cannot guarantee that we can accommodate you. Please note, onsite orders cannot be accommodated.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act
If you have a disability that may impact your participation at VMX, please send an email to ADA@NAVC.com briefly describing your needs. Please Note: NAVC cannot assure availability of appropriate accommodations without prior notification of the need 45 days prior to the start of the event. For mobility assistance, NAVC has partnered with Scootaround. Through the on-site rental location, guests can rent mobility scooters, wheelchairs and oxygen equipment for events held at the convention center. Advanced reservations are strongly recommended for scooter or wheelchair rentals. If you did not make your mobility needs known to Scootaround prior to VMX, we cannot guarantee that they can accommodate you. Please note, onsite orders may not be accommodated. Visit the Scootaround Web site to make a reservation. Please call 1-888-441-7575 for more information.
Thanks to very generous support from Merck Animal Health, we will be able to provide more private, well-stocked areas for nursing mothers and a milk storage and shipping service, too! To learn more and signup for the service please visit NAVC.com/Family.
Animal Attendance & Service Animals
Pets, animal companions and emotional support animals are NOT permitted at the Convention Center or any NAVC-sponsored events. There are three categories of animals permitted at these events:
- Service Animals as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act to include only dogs and miniature horses who are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Animals whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify.
- Animals on exhibit or at VMX sponsored events during the VMX Conference whom have preregistered and provided documentation as required by NAVC exhibit team. Pre-registration is required and should be done through the exhibiting company’s booth manager. The animal handler MUST wear their badge at all times when in the Expo Hall. For any questions regarding animal handlers, please contact Expo@NAVC.com.
- Animals participating in VMX Hands-on Workshops or required for educational purposes subject to an approved NAVC IACUC protocol and under supervision of the NAVC IACUC.
All animals at VMX must be in accordance with the guidelines listed above. If you are planning to bring a live animal to VMX, please email us at Info@NAVC.com. A Live Animal Submission Form will be emailed to owners and handlers with further instructions.
All animals must be under their handler’s control at all times. All animals must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered unless those devices will interfere with a service animal’s work (as defined above). Handlers will be asked to remove their animal from the event if they cannot control the animal.
*Service animal handlers are encouraged—but not required—to complete this process.
You further acknowledge that no amount of money, or other remedy available at law, would adequately compensate the NAVC for damages, which the parties agree NAVC would suffer as a result of your violation of the above terms. In the event of a violation, NAVC reserves the right to immediately terminate your attendance privileges and your rights to attend current and future NAVC events. Further, the parties acknowledge that NAVC is entitled to obtain, upon application to a court of competent jurisdiction and without the need to prove actual damages to NAVC or to post bond, a preliminary restraining order, and such other temporary or permanent injunctive relief as may be appropriate, to enforce against you the above terms, which injunctive relief shall be in addition to any other rights or remedies available to NAVC.
For any questions related to these guidelines, please contact us at Info@NAVC.com or 1.352.375.5672. Thank you for your interest in the NAVC.