NAVC Event Attendee Policy and Guidelines
At the North American Veterinary Community (NAVC), we enjoy a positive relationship with our attendees. Because we receive a high volume of attendance from various members, sponsors and media we ask for their cooperation with the following policies and guidelines. This will ensure that our attendees, as well as our sponsors and partners enjoy the best experience possible. By registering for and/or attending an NAVC event you are acknowledging that you agree to the following terms, which constitutes an agreement between you and NAVC. THIS POLICY IS BINDING UPON ALL REGISTRANTS AND ATTENDEES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THEIR AGENTS, EMPLOYEES AND REPRESENTATIVES WHO MAY ATTEND AN NAVC EVENT.
Cancellation & Refunds
NAVC reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel any event at any time. In that case, NAVC shall refund to you all registration fees it has received from you for this event, but shall have no further obligation to you of any type, whether monetary or otherwise. Accordingly, NAVC shall in no event have any liability to you and shall have no other obligation to you of any type except as expressly stated above. Such right of termination shall not be unreasonably exercised. NAVC is not responsible for errors or omissions on the website or promotional materials. Any refunds issued (less fees, if any) will be processed and issued 30 days after the event. You acknowledge that you have read the following refunds and cancellation policy:
|Veterinary Meeting & Expo (VMX) 2019||Through October 5||October 6 –
|December 1 thru Onsite|
|Registration||$50 Fee||$50 Fee||No Refund|
|Workshops & Behind the Scenes Tours||Full Refund||$25 Fee||No Refund|
|Rounds (formerly Masterclasses) & Meet the Professor Luncheons||Full Refund||No Refund||No Refund|
|*Returned Checks (NSF)||$35 Fee||$35 Fee||$35 Fee|
|**Transfer (Substitution) Registration||$25 Fee||$25 Fee||$25 Fee|
*NSF (Non-Sufficient Funds). This fee will be added to the outstanding balance.
**A registrant who wishes to transfer a registration to another person must do so in writing. Registrants who do not have this documentation will be required to pay the full registration fee. Transfers may also be done on-site provided the registrant canceling has not checked in and has not picked up event materials. NAVC reserves the right to deny transfer of any registration in its sole discretion.
On-Site Policies and Guidelines
- All attendees must be registered for the NAVC event or have a guest badge, including anyone under the age of 18.
- While attending an NAVC event, all attendees must conduct themselves in a professional manner that is welcoming to all participants and free from any form of discrimination, harassment, intimidation by verbal or physical in nature or retaliation.
- Attendees must ensure that they are not disruptive to any sessions, workshops, special events and/or the overall event experience. Disruptive or harassing behavior of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Remarks or discussions during presentations should deal with the major issues regarding the presentation, reserving minor issues for direct communication with the authors, presenters and/or staff.
- Content from all sessions, Rounds, Workshops, entertainment and other special events is protected by United States copyright laws and is the exclusive property of the NAVC and/or its authors. You may not, under any circumstances, share, distribute, publish, repurpose, or sell any such content, or attempt to do so, in any way without written consent from the NAVC.
- You shall not publish or post any articles, pictures, materials, or any other information regarding or obtained from an NAVC event without a press pass or written consent from NAVC. For more information about obtaining a press pass, please contact Public Relations at PublicRelations@NAVC.com.
- Video and/or audio recording of any kind are strictly prohibited in all sessions, Rounds, Workshops, etc. without written consent from the NAVC.
- Any person who attends an NAVC event and sells, markets or represents a company or organization for the purpose of obtaining advertising, sales or subscriptions from any attendee, sponsor or exhibitor immediately forfeits their registration fee and admission to the NAVC event.
- At NAVC networking events both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages may be served. NAVC expects participants at our events to drink responsibly. NAVC and event staff have the right to deny service to participants for any reason, and may require a participant to leave the event.
- The NAVC reserves the right to deny, refuse or revoke admission during pre-registration, as well as on-site.
Personal Safety and Security
NAVC works diligently to provide a safe and secure environment at its meetings and events by working with venue staff to make sure meeting participants are safe. We ask that all attendees report any questionable or concerning activity to NAVC staff so that they can take immediate action. No concern is too small, if you see something, say something. If it is an emergency or if you need immediate assistance, you should ask any NAVC staff member or the on-site security personnel to help you. If you provided a valid cell phone number during registration, this constitutes your consent for NAVC to communicate to you if there is an on-site emergency during the conference.
The NAVC may have professional photographers present at NAVC events. Therefore, please note that any photographs or videos taken at an NAVC event may be used in future NAVC publications, online or in other NAVC materials. Attendance or participation in the event constitutes your consent to NAVC’s of your image or voice in photographs, videotapes, audiotapes or other electronic media pertaining to NAVC’s events and activities.
As a registered attendee of an NAVC event, you acknowledge, agree, and consent to that (i) your basic information of name, address, company, phone and e-mail address will be encoded on your conference badge, (ii) NAVC may share, sell or rent limited personal information to exhibitors or sponsors that offer products and services related to veterinary medicine, and (iii) VMX may also share relevant information with trusted third-party service providers to perform duties such as statistical analysis, packaging and arrange for deliveries.
NAVC may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered. NAVC may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (email, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party.
NAVC works closely with the facilities to create menus that can be enjoyed by all attendees. The menu selections provided will accommodate food allergies/restrictions including vegetarian, gluten allergies and shellfish allergies. All food will be labeled and knowledgeable catering staff will be on hand to answer questions. If you did not make your dietary needs known to NAVC staff in writing 45 days prior to the start on the event, we cannot guarantee that we can accommodate your needs. Please note, on-site orders cannot be accommodated. For additional information on attendee meals and special meal requests at NAVC events, please email Meals@NAVC.com. Please note, that some special requests may incur additional fees.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act
If you have a disability that may impact your participation at an NAVC event, please send an email to ADA@NAVC.com briefly describing your needs. Please Note: NAVC cannot assure availability of appropriate accommodations without prior notification of 45 days prior to the start of the event. For mobility assistance, VMX has partnered with Scootaround. Through the on-site rental location, guests can rent mobility scooters, wheelchairs and oxygen equipment for events held at the convention center. Advanced reservations are strongly recommended for scooter or wheelchair rentals. If you did not make your mobility needs known to Scootaround prior to VMX, we cannot guarantee that they can accommodate you. Please note, onsite orders may not be accommodated. Visit the Scootaround website at https://locations.scootaround.com/VMX to make a reservation. Please call 1.888.441.7575 for more information.
You further acknowledge that no amount of money, or other remedy available at law, would adequately compensate the NAVC for damages, which the parties agree NAVC would suffer as a result of your violation of the above terms. In the event of a violation, NAVC reserves the right to immediately terminate your attendance privileges and your rights to attend current and future NAVC events. Further, the parties acknowledge that NAVC is entitled to obtain, upon application to a court of competent jurisdiction and without the need to prove actual damages to NAVC or to post bond, a preliminary restraining order, and such other temporary or permanent injunctive relief as may be appropriate, to enforce against you the above terms, which injunctive relief shall be in addition to any other rights or remedies available to NAVC.
For any questions related to these guidelines, please contact us at Info@NAVC.com or +1.352.375.5672. Thank you for your interest in the NAVC.