Jennifer Welser, DVM, DACVO
Chief Medical and Quality Officer
Mars Veterinary Health (MVH)
Dr. Jennifer Welser serves as Chief Medical Officer and Quality Officer for Mars Veterinary Health, which encompasses Banfield, VCA and BluePearl in the U.S., as well as AniCura and Linnaeus in Europe. In her role, Dr. Welser leads the Medical Affairs function across the organization and works in close partnership with the chief medical officers of each practice to grow access to high-quality, innovative veterinary care and support Mars Petcare’s purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Dr. Welser, who most recently served as the CMO for BluePearl Veterinary Partners, has led a successful career as a veterinary specialty practitioner, practice owner and medical leader. She has been with BluePearl since 2006 and helped establish the organization’s clinician-driven culture and develop the medical leadership team and operations, as well as evolve and grow the residency and internship program at BluePearl.
Dr. Welser received her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Michigan State University. She then became a board-certified veterinary ophthalmologist in 1999 after completing a rotating internship at Auburn University and an ophthalmology residency at Animal Eye Associates in Illinois. Before joining BluePearl, Dr. Welser practiced as an ophthalmologist at Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals’ Angell Memorial Animal Hospital in Boston and owned a successful practice in California.
- BluePearl Veterinary Partners, CMO and Co-Medical Director and Staff Ophthalmologist
- UnoDose Partners, LLP, CMO and Co-Founder
- Veterinary Eye Specialists, Owner
- Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals’ Angell Memorial Animal Hospital, Boston, Staff Ophthalmologist
- Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine, DVM
- Animal Eye Associates, DACVO – Private practice-based veterinary ophthalmology residency and
comparative component with University of Illinois, Chicago
- Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine, Rotating Small Animal Internship
- University of Vermont, BA Biology & French