POSITION TITLE: Senior Strategic Account Manager, NAVC
LOCATION: Orlando, FL or remote
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pay Level: Base Salary
The North American Veterinary Community (NAVC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting and advancing veterinary professionals worldwide. The world’s leading provider of veterinary continuing education, the NAVC delivers essential training, tools and resources for veterinary professionals to stay abreast of advances in animal medicine and provide the best medical care for animals everywhere. Through its commitment to innovation and excellence, the NAVC has developed a diverse portfolio of products and services, including: educational and professional development events, headlined by VMX, the world’s largest, most comprehensive continuing education conference and launchpad for new products and innovations within the veterinary industry; a robust digital platform for virtual learning and engagement; the veterinary industry’s largest and award-winning portfolio of trade publications; and an advocacy arm which unites the veterinary community and pet lovers. The NAVC was founded in 1982 and is headquartered in Orlando, FL.
In 2023, NAVC are continuing to expand their portfolio of services to the veterinary industry with the introduction of a new events division. NAVC will be offering a new event style to the broader veterinary industry. The events will bring new content styles, networking and interaction opportunities and approaches to key trends and issues in the veterinary and wider pet care community.
Since 2017, the NAVC has been recognized annually as one of the Top Workplaces by the Orlando Sentinel.
To learn more about the NAVC’s products and brands, visit https://navc.com/. To see our schedule of upcoming events, visit https://navc.com/calendar/.
The NAVC Strategic Account Manager (SAM) will be a key member of the team with this important new NAVC division, aiding the development of new products and services to the veterinary and wider pet care community. The SAM will be the primary NAVC contact for industry partners and is tasked with developing account relationships to aid the new events in achieving their required goals. The SAM will deliver sales by understanding key industry partner business objectives, goals, and challenges and by incorporating these goals into the creation and implementation of joint strategic plans. The SAM will be required to input into the development of customized sponsorship solutions for industry partners in order to maximize the performance of client partner investments with NAVC. The SAM will be a key member of the commercial team tasked with aiding NAVC’s growth plans as we deliver enhanced solutions for the benefit of the veterinary community.
A strong background in strategic partner management and consultative sales is a must-have in this position, in addition to a keen hunger to open up opportunities for new business.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to acquire new sponsors for new NAVC programs
- Establish productive and professional relationships with key personnel within industry partner organizations
- Develop high-value, customized sponsorship opportunities for industry partners
- Input into the development of new event propositions, working closely with industry partners to understand their needs and objectives and translating this into new event launch opportunities
- Produce comprehensive 3-5 year business plans for growth of assigned sales territories
- Using internal partners, coordinate necessary NAVC personnel, support tools, services, and resources to meet performance objectives and industry partner expectations
- Proactively lead a joint annual industry partner-NAVC strategic account planning meeting with the top 10-15 partners in assigned territory that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets and milestones
- Proactively assess, clarify and validate assigned industry partner needs on an ongoing basis
- Conduct interactions with assigned territory accounts throughout the year to lead strategic planning and implementation
- Routine industry partner contact via phone and web conferencing, and when applicable, in person meetings
- Identify new partners and new opportunities on an ongoing basis to continuously grow territory sales
- Participate in regular team calls and cross-departmental calls when scheduled
- Maintain and update our sponsorships CRM tool that we use to track all advertising and sponsorship spending and progress for your territory of accounts
- Maintain a contact management database for all interactions with industry partners to ensure that all records are current
- Attend veterinary conferences as needed to meet with industry partner
- Attend conferences outside of the industry to increase knowledge of sponsorships and advertising that could be applicable to NAVC events, when applicable
- Work on-site at any assigned the NAVC events and host meetings with industry partners and sponsorship implementation
- Attend meetings in Gainesville or Orlando, FL headquarters office as needed
- Perform additional duties to assist other departments as needed
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- 10+ years of successful sales and/or key account management experience
- Previous veterinary industry experience a plus
- Digital media sales expertise would be advantageous
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Proven successful public speaking as well as excellent formal and informal presentations skills
- Solid group and interpersonal communication skills
Additional Position Requirements
- All prospective employees must pass a background check
- Ability to travel multiple times per year
- Position can be based in NAVC’s Orlando, FL or the ability to be remote, based on management approval
- Dog-friendly office
- Robust benefits package including health, vision, dental and 401k match
Notice: NAVC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.