May 22-25, 2023 | Orlando, FL
30 CE credit hours (RACE approved)
Dentistry is the most untapped source of patient care and practice revenue in most small animal practices. We can’t diagnose and treat what we haven’t learned! Join us as we share our knowledge and passion for veterinary dentistry with you in a practical, fun, learning environment. Walk away at the end of the week with confidence and skills to be able to recognize and treat most of the oral diseases you will encounter in your practice.
After completing this program, you will have:
- The ability to identify clinically relevant oral and tooth anatomy.
- Gained the skills to obtain and interpret diagnostic full-mouth dental radiographs.
- Learned to diagnose and treat oral diseases that you see in your practice every day.
- Increased your skills and confidence when performing extractions, regional nerve blocks, periodontal surgery and retrieving fractured root tips.
- Improved your communication skills when speaking with clients about their pet’s oral disease.
Donnell Hansen, DVM, DAVDC
A Minnesota native, whose training brought her through Iowa, Minnesota, and Oklahoma, Dr. Hansen is a board-certified veterinary dentist and oral surgeon. Early in her career, she and friends formed the Moxie Center (the first hospital to be now known as BluePearl) in Minnesota’s twin cities and she splits time between the two full-service referral hospitals. In 2011, she and her husband, a fellow veterinarian, opened Rice Creek Animal Hospital which provides balance and perspective about life in family practice.
Dr. Hansen’s clinical special interest is maxillofacial/ oncologic surgery, however, she is equally excited whenever she has the opportunity to share the value of dentistry with the veterinary community. In 2017, she was selected for the American Veterinary Dental College’s “Virbac Up and Coming Award” for her involvement in ongoing veterinary education and recently, Dr. Hansen opened Four Legged Tooth Fairy, a training center focused on providing accessible, thoughtful, confidence-building, hands-on training for veterinarians and our staff.