POSITION TITLE: Senior Account Executive
LOCATION: Field Sales Position
REPORTS TO: Group Publisher, NAVC Media
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pay Level: Base Salary & Commission
Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Gainesville, Florida, with offices in Orlando, Florida, the North American Veterinary Community (NAVC) is a non-profit organization providing world-class professional development to the global veterinary healthcare community. NAVC offers a competitive salary and full benefits package that includes medical, dental and life insurance as well as a 401K plan. Most importantly we provide a fun, engaging and collaborative working environment where your talents and strengths will be utilized to serve the veterinary profession and assist in achievement of the NAVC mission.
Our endeavors are accomplished in a fun, flexible, and collaborative working environment where your talents and strengths will be utilized to enhance the veterinary profession and contribute to the NAVC mission. In addition to salary and traditional benefits, NAVC offers a robust benefits package that provides flexibility and enhances our culture and has led to the organization being recognized as one of the top places to work.
The ideal candidate for the NAVC Media Senior Account Executive sales position is an individual with a successful track record of 5 to 10 years of sales experience in animal health media or similar media sales experience in a highly competitive field. The ideal candidate must have excellent oral, written and communication skills with the ability to sell and develop long-term strategic relationships at every level of a corporate structure, including but not limited to senior executive and marketing teams at the industry partner level along with advertising agencies. Knowledge of peer reviewed, business and distribution publications are a plus.
The NAVC Media Senior Account Executive will be responsible for attainment of an assigned annual quota in accordance with the NAVC approved financial budget and goals.
- Development of a strategic business plan for all assigned accounts including manufacturers, advertising agencies, associations and other animal health service and support providers.
- Management of the entire sales cycle from prospecting new advertisers to securing print and digital advertising placements and renewals for all NAVC Media journals and associated digital platforms. (Today’s Veterinary Business, Today’s Veterinary Nurse, Today’s Veterinary Practice, Veterinary Advantage and VirtualXP).
- Sound understanding of client business objectives in order to make customized recommendations through strategic selling disciplines, resulting in long-term strategic partnerships between advertisers and the NAVC.
- Provide ongoing sales support and customer service to all assigned accounts in order to enhance the advertiser’s partnership with the NAVC.
- Negotiate commercial terms in accordance with NAVC Media pricing policy and terms and conditions.
- Maintaining all customer data in NAVC’s CRM system (Ad Sales Genius) including but not limited to: key customer data, decision makers, influencers, advertising partners, product portfolio, sales data and key animal health industry trends.
- Attend sales meetings, trade shows and training workshops as required.
- Actively engage with professional development to continually improve sales ability, presentation skills, industry knowledge and relationship building in order to better serve the NAVC and our industry partners.
- Collaborate with internal colleagues and management to develop strategic recommendations across a wide range of potential NAVC solutions across all offerings
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- 5-10 years proven advertising sales experience. Knowledge of the animal health market is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of the advertising strategic sales process and dynamics of the print publishing and digital media process.
- Experience in working with a diverse customer base and the associated advertising agencies of record.
- Excellent presentation and computer skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
- Superb communication skills with a proven ability to interact with colleagues in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent organizational skills and program management skills, including a demonstrated ability to efficiently plan, organize and manage projects with limited direct supervision.
- Track record of taking initiative and driving projects through to completion.
- Detail-oriented and able to work well under tight deadlines.
- Works well independently, collaboratively and with a team, solving problems in a resourceful manner.
- Ability to manage advertisers’ key projects and deliverables.
- Flexibility to quickly adapt to changing priorities and needs of the organization that support our strategic plan.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and Google Applications.
Additional Position Information
- All prospective employees must pass a background check
- Dog-friendly office
- Robust benefits package including health, vision, dental and 401K match
Notice: NAVC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For additional information:
Director of Human Resources