POSITION TITLE: IT Data Analyst
LOCATION: Orlando or Gainesville, Florida; Potential for hybrid office/remote.
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of IT
FLSA Status: Exempt
Founded in 1982 with offices in Orlando and Gainesville, Florida, the North American Veterinary Community (NAVC) is a non-profit organization that creates unparalleled opportunities for the veterinary community that foster lifelong learning, encourage growth, and promote wellbeing to advance animal care worldwide. This includes hosting the industry’s premier continuing education event, VMX, as well as providing opportunities to learn and grow through online resources, certifications, scientific journals, and more.
Our endeavors are accomplished in a fun, flexible, and collaborative working environment where your talents and strengths will be utilized to enhance the veterinary profession and contribute to the NAVC mission.
NAVC is aggregating historical and real-time data, centralizing it, and making it accessible within the organization for the first time. We seek an IT Data Analyst excited by the challenge of being the first to aid in the implementation of Data Solutions that will drive data-based decision making, insights into behaviors and enables NAVC to create more personalized engagement with our customer base.
In this role, you will collaborate with internal business groups to define & document business rules around data governance, manage database systems, and design, develop and maintain informational dashboards.
Our preferred candidate is someone who seeks out a challenge and personal growth, enjoys solving problems, can work independently, and can quickly learn new concepts. You are motivated by the freedom to influence best-in-class Data Solution Design and excited knowing you will be the first to establish true Data Analysis at NAVC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Database Administration/Maintenance
- Organize, optimize, and influence the company’s implementation of a Centralized Database & BI Solution
- Maintenance and Administration of database server environments (AWS, Wicket)
- Validate and maintain the security and integrity of all database systems.
- Work with key users, as needed, to identify, develop, maintain, or expand data integration points between the organization’s core systems.
- Establish, maintain, enforce data standards, protocols, and governance, and monitor compliance.
- Document, produce, and maintain process documentation.
- Respond to data requests, both ad hoc and periodic, and report timely.
- Create, oversee, and catalog queries, reports, dashboards, pivot tables, and other reporting outputs to support business initiatives.
- Train & support internal users, as needed, on data solution capabilities & best practices, ensuring that all technology skill levels can best leverage the data.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team leveraging a mix of Internal & External IT Staff & External Technology resources to perform Data Engineering, Development as required to support projects.
- Partner with internal stakeholders in aligning current and new database initiatives with the organization’s business strategies, objectives, and goals.
- Train new users, and grow the skill set across the organization; stay abreast of the latest technology enhancements, tools, and capabilities available.
- Be the expert on all things related to Data.
- Other duties may be assigned in support of NAVC Events as necessary.
- Demonstrated experience managing and supporting complex business applications built on relational database management systems.
- Experience with Business Intelligence Tools: Implementation, Support, and Report Building
- Ability to translate data into meaningful and impactful visuals.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities while meeting deadlines and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Experience with marketing automation platforms, Customer Data Platforms, and similar
- Proven customer-centric service skills when interacting with employees at all levels of the organizations
- Ability to deliver data in a useful and appealing manner to technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with database knowledge
- Experience configuring and supporting data marts, data warehouses, and ETL
- Experience related to configuring and supporting AWS, MySQL
- Familiarity with Google Workspace & MacOS
- Willingness to work with tools such as Wicket.io, Tableau, Solver BI 360, mySQL, AWS, Shuffle Exchange
- Remote/Hybrid/In-Person Flexible
- Will require occasional travel
- All prospective employees must pass a background check.
Bachelor's degree in an IT‐related field or equivalent years or certifications will substitute.
Notice: NAVC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.