Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Gainesville, Florida, with offices in Orlando, Florida, the North American Veterinary Community (NAVC) is a non- profit organization providing world-class professional development to the global veterinary healthcare community. Most importantly we provide a fun, engaging and collaborative working environment where your talents and strengths will be utilized to serve the veterinary profession and assist in achievement of the NAVC mission.
The Financial Business Analyst recommends and implements methods for increasing a company’s efficiency and profitability. This position will be responsible for analyzing the company’s business models, finances, and operations and making recommendations for improvement.
- Consolidate and analyze financial data for major program areas (budgets, income statement forecasts, etc.) taking into account company’s and business center’s goals
- Liaise with the Finance Department to identify financial status by comparing actual results with budgets and forecasts and understanding and explaining reasons for variances
- Develop financial models that provide creative alternatives and recommendations to increase revenue and/or reduce costs to improve financial performance
- Determines cost of operations by collecting operational data and analyzing operating activity.
- Consult with management to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making within the broadest scope, taking into account risk assessments of subject areas.
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the business units.
- Perform continuous benchmarking of subject areas to assure that best practices are being evaluated and implemented.
- Maintains database of pertinent operating data to provide historical trends and analyses.
- Assist in developing and maintaining dashboards of relevant information for the major Business Centers.
- Perform ad hoc projects such as monthly sales tax reports and other special reporting needs requested by the Chiefs
- BS degree in Finance, Economics or related field
- Proven working experience, minimum five years, as a financial analyst
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills
- Well informed in current financial subjects, accounting, tax laws, market and business environments
- Must be able to prioritize, multitask and work independently
- Must be able to maintain quality of work while meeting multiple deadlines as required
- Must be a strong communicator coupled with the ability to maintain open communication with customers, internal employees and managers as needed
Additional Position Requirements
- All prospective employees must pass a background check
NAVC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Submit Your ApplicationApply Today
Questions? You can contact Alisa Cochrane, Director of Human Resources, at ACochrane@NAVC.com.