Position Title: Financial Business Analyst
Location: Orlando or Gainesville, Florida
Supervisor: Senior Vice President, Finance
FLSA Status: Exempt
Founded in 1982 with offices in Orlando and Gainesville, Florida, the North American Veterinary Community (NAVC) is a non-profit organization that creates unparalleled opportunities for the veterinary community that foster lifelong learning, encourage growth, and promote wellbeing to advance animal care worldwide. This includes hosting the industry’s premier continuing education event, VMX, as well as providing opportunities to learn and grow through online resources, certifications, scientific journals, and more. Our endeavors are accomplished in a fun, flexible, and collaborative working environment where your talents and strengths will be utilized to enhance the veterinary profession and contribute to the NAVC mission.
The Financial Business Analyst recommends and implements methods for increasing the company’s efficiency and profitability. This position will be responsible for analyzing the company’s business models, finances, and operational processes and making recommendations for improvement. The ideal candidate will enjoy evaluating and analyzing data, interacting with a variety of people, bringing meaningful insights, and creating solutions that make measurable improvements to the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. These requirements are representative of the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities.
- Evaluate organization-wide processes and key performance indicators for all major programs. Recommend and assist with implementing solutions to improve efficiencies.
- Collect and analyze operational data to develop financial models that provide creative alternatives to increase revenue and/or reduce expenses. Maintain database of pertinent operating data to provide historical
trends and analyses.
- Lead a group of peers in ongoing evaluation of systems and processes to achieve organizational objectives.
- Consult with the Leadership Team to guide and influence long-term and strategic decision-making within the broadest scope, taking into account risk assessments of subject areas.
- Perform projects and lead ad hoc teams to achieve results. Liaise with all departments throughout the organization to facilitate change management.
- Challenge the presumptions of departmental managers on how to successfully execute their business strategy.
- Utilize formalized techniques, such as decision matrixes, flow charts, activity diagrams, etc. to analyze and illustrate opportunities for improvement and assist in making appropriate business decisions.
- Assist in developing and maintaining dashboards for all organizational KPI’s.
- Perform ongoing benchmarking of KPI’s to assure that best practices are being utilized.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field.
- Proven working experience, minimum five years, as a financial analyst.
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications.
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills. Ability to exercise active listening skills and subsequently communicate solutions through in-person, phone, email, text and other mediums.
- Well informed in current financial subjects, accounting, tax laws, market and business environments.
- Ability to work self-directed, prioritize projects, and multitask with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to consistently and accurately complete tasks and achieve results on time.
- Must be a strong communicator coupled with the ability to maintain open communication with customers, internal employees and managers as needed. Has the ability to translate technical information into natural
language that business leaders understand.
- All prospective employees must pass a background check.
- Master’s degree in Business Analytics or related field.
- Ability to collaborate, provide feedback, and support others as a part of a team.
- Ability to find quick and clever ways to overcome obstacles.
- Ability to empathize with customers and internal and external stakeholders, and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Knowledge of collaboration and communication tools: Google Drive, Slack, Zoom, etc. Interest and ability to learn new technologies with ease.
Submit Your ApplicationApply Today
Questions? You can contact Kimberly Chatfield, Human Resources Director, at KChatfield@NAVC.com.