POSITION TITLE: Exhibit Sales & Operations Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director, Exhibit Sales & Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
The North American Veterinary Community (NAVC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting and advancing veterinary professionals worldwide. The world’s leading provider of veterinary continuing education, the NAVC delivers essential training, tools and resources for veterinary professionals to stay abreast of advances in animal medicine and provide the best medical care for animals everywhere. Through its commitment to innovation and excellence, the NAVC has developed a diverse portfolio of products and services, including: educational events, headlined by VMX, the world’s largest, most comprehensive continuing education conference and launchpad for new products and innovations within the veterinary industry; a robust digital platform for virtual learning and engagement; the veterinary industry’s largest and award-winning portfolio of trade publications; and an advocacy arm which unites the veterinary community and pet lovers. The NAVC was founded in 1982 and is headquartered in Orlando, FL. Since 2017, the NAVC has been recognized annually as one of the Top Workplaces by the Orlando Sentinel. To learn more about the NAVC’s products and brands, visit https://navc.com/. To see our schedule of upcoming events, visit https://navc.com/calendar/.
- Primary function to perform the administrative functions of exhibit sales including processing sales contracts, updating relevant databases, coordinating communications through confirmation letters and bulletins to clients and internal staff
- Reviews, sorts, responds, and/or assigns expo-related customer service requests or inquiries from the FreshDesk system.
- Acts as exhibitors’ initial point of contact for all “after the sale” questions, including but not limited to the online Exhibitor Service Manual, housing & registration, certificates of insurance and visa application support.
- Ensures concerns are addressed appropriately, quickly and completely.
- Assists in monitoring responses for exhibit-related activities.
- Serves as primary contact to VMX customer service team, sales, or other internal clients for exhibitor registration related questions and issues.
- Manages the collection of insurance documentation and exhibitor-appointed contractor information.
- Processes and generates invoices and collects payments accordingly.
- Coordinates and manages the exhibitor booth registration process for nearly 5,000 exhibitors, both prior and during VMX and Institute events.
- Registers exhibitor badges for top exhibitors or companies bringing in 50 or more booth personnel.
- Prints and proofread exhibitor badges.
- Processes and generates invoices and collects badge payments accordingly.
- Works with Director, Exhibit Sales & Operations to promote interaction of exhibit team staff members to streamline procedures, set policies, and maximize efficiencies.
- Stays current with industry trends and makes recommendations for changes and enhancements to operational processes related to exhibitor services.
- Special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution
- One – three years of professional experience in exhibit management, events management, development, customer service or related work.
- Association and/or veterinary industry experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- A self-starter with a high level of initiative and attention to detail is required.
- Proficiency with contact relationship management (CRM) software
- Prefer experience with eShow or other exhibit floor plan space-draw programs.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Proficiency in Google G-Suite (Calendar, Drive, Docs, Gmail, Sheets, Slides)
- Ability to work in an Apple computing environment and with Mac OS
- Successful public speaking as well as excellent formal and informal presentations skills
- Solid group and interpersonal communication skills (oral and written)
Additional Position Information:
- 5-10% overnight travel
- All prospective employees must pass a background check
- Dog-friendly office
- Robust benefits package including health, vision, dental and 401K match
- Position is based in NAVC’s Orlando, FL office with the possibility to also work from home, in addition to working in the office, based on manager approval
Notice: NAVC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.