POSITION TITLE: Director of Visual and Podcast Media
LOCATION: Orlando, FL
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Virtual Education
Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Gainesville, Florida, with offices in Orlando, Florida, the North American Veterinary Community (NAVC) is a non-profit organization providing world-class professional development to the global veterinary healthcare community. NAVC offers a competitive salary, and full benefits package that includes medical, dental and life insurance as well as a 401K plan. Most importantly we provide a fun, engaging and collaborative working environment where your talents and strengths will be utilized to serve the veterinary profession and assist in achievement of the NAVC mission.
The NAVC is looking for a passionate, experienced video, webinar and podcast media production professional to oversee Spark!, our video, webinar and podcast production studio. We are seeking an individual who will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and can apply innovative video, webinar and audio techniques to communicate compelling stories and present virtual education programs, as well as serve as a project manager for the Spark! studio. Reporting to the Vice President of Virtual Education, this candidate will be responsible for partnering with internal and external clients to conceive, plan, produce and edit visual and audio communications solutions to meet the business objectives of the client. The successful candidate nut be able to juggle multiple, overlapping projects and deadlines. The Director of Visual and Podcast Media manages the Video and Podcast Production Editor.
- Oversees the Spark! studio, with primary responsibility for producing the NAVC’s videography, webinar and podcast assignments. Plans video shoots and podcast recordings and develops polished, professional-quality productions that communicate the client’s messaging effectively.
- Manages multiple projects with overlapping deadlines for a variety of internal and external clients, including educational and training videos, client stories, internal company announcement videos, external promotional social videos, product marketing videos and other enterprise-wide projects. Develops and manages production schedules.
- Determines necessary resources, budget and deadlines for projects.
- Records and edits video and sound projects, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media.
- Provides the storyboard for video and podcast projects to facilitate final editing production on projects the Video and Podcast Production Editor is responsible for.
- Ensures the NAVC and client communication and brand standards are met and that videos, webinars and podcasts meet the highest standards for style, design and clarity.
Accountability and Performance Measures
- Operates within assigned budgets (content, production and travel) and deadlines
- Ensures strategic goals are met for audience development
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Broadcast Journalism or Communications
- 5+ years of experience in video and podcast media
- Demonstrated ability to manage workflow
- Familiarity with professional cameras (Sony PMW-F3 or similar), prosumer camcorders (Sony NXCAM HXR‑NX3 or similar), various HD and SD formats, preproduction/planning, studio and field production, lighting/grip, scriptwriting, storyboarding and photography. Audio includes small format mixers, compression, EQ, effects processors, audio recording techniques for studio and field, multi-track and waveform editing.
- Post-production skills that include digital video editing, still and motion graphics design, and video compression for multiple delivery platforms. Proficient in using editing software such as Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects or Adobe Premiere.
- Solid group and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with creating storytelling scripts is a plus
Position Core Competencies
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Collaboration, creativity and innovation
- Committed to customer service
Environmental Position Requirements
- All prospective employees must pass a background check
- Spark! studio budget
- Complete office setup, including Mac laptop and monitor and office phone, and video and audio hardware and software
- Additional resources as required
Submit Your ApplicationApply Today
Questions? You can contact Kimberly Chatfield, Human Resources Manager, at KChatfield@NAVC.com.