POSITION TITLE: Director Business Intelligence
LOCATION: Orlando or Gainesville, FL. Potential for hybrid or remote
REPORTS TO: Chief Administrative Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Founded in 1982 with offices in Orlando and Gainesville, Florida, the North American Veterinary Community (NAVC) is a non-profit organization that creates unparalleled opportunities for the veterinary community that foster lifelong learning, encourage growth, and promote wellbeing to advance animal care worldwide. This includes hosting the industry’s premier continuing education event, VMX, as well as providing opportunities to learn and grow through online resources, certifications, scientific journals, and more.
Our endeavors are accomplished in a fun, flexible, and collaborative working environment where your talents and strengths will be utilized to enhance the veterinary profession and contribute to the NAVC mission.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Director recommends and implements methods for increasing the company’s efficiency and profitability. This position will be responsible for analyzing the company’s business models, finances, and operational processes and making recommendations for improvement.
The role requires experience analyzing financial data and developing action plans, including trend forecasting and variance monitoring. Proficiency with business analysis techniques and presentation skills are also essential to be successful.
The BI Director will regularly evaluate and analyze data, interact with a variety of people, bring meaningful insights to business managers, and create solutions that make measurable improvements to the organization.
The ideal candidate will possess an inquisitive approach to learn why the business operates as it does, a healthy dose of skepticism, and a sense of humor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. These requirements are representative of the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities.
- Evaluate organization-wide processes. Recommend and assist with implementing solutions to drive improved outcomes.
- Collect and analyze operational data to identify trends that support business decisions.
- Undertake projects and lead ad hoc teams to assist with change management.
- Maintain database of pertinent operating data to provide historical trends and analyses.
- Perform ongoing benchmarking of KPI’s to assure that best practices are being utilized.
- Utilize techniques, such as decision matrixes, flow charts, activity diagrams, etc. to analyze and illustrate opportunities for improvement and assist in making appropriate business decisions.
- Assist in developing KPI’s and dashboards summarizing the key KPI’s.
- Bachelor’s degree with proven working experience, minimum five years, performing similar analytic work.
- Comfortable with modern SaaS platforms for collaboration and process improvement.
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, BI tools, and financial software applications.
- Ability to work self-directed, prioritize projects, and multitask with a sense of urgency.
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills. Communicates in a manner that business leaders understand.
- Well informed of current business, technology, and market environments. A forward-thinker in modern applications.
- Motivated to leverage and embrace emerging platforms to enhance operations.
- Ability to collaborate, provide feedback, and support others as a part of a team.
Notice: NAVC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.