LOCATION: Gainesville, FL
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Finance
FLSA Status: Exempt
Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Gainesville, Florida, with offices in Orlando, Florida, the North American Veterinary Community (NAVC) is a non-profit organization providing world-class professional development to the global veterinary healthcare community. NAVC offers a competitive salary and full benefits package that includes medical, dental and life insurance as well as a 401K plan. Most importantly we provide a fun, engaging and collaborative working environment where your talents and strengths will be utilized to serve the veterinary profession and assist in achievement of the NAVC mission.
This role is focused on supporting the overall effective functioning of the Finance Department. It also provides support for managing the day-to-day activities of NAVC as they relate to the expenditure cycle, which include but are not limited to purchasing, inventory, accounts payable, and reconciliations. The successful candidate will be motivated, energetic, and outgoing.
- Assist with accounts payable and system maintenance
- Maintain reconciliations for corporate credit card and fixed assets
- Reconcile accounts affecting expenses
- Monitor and record monthly transactions in the General Ledger
- Assist with analysis and coding of event related expenditures
- Support organization wide purchasing efforts
- Maintain inventory accuracy
- Compile/prepare ad hoc reports for management with trend analysis
General Accounting Duties
- Produce and analyze monthly reports that assist in the monthly reporting and forecast process.
- Maintain the Policies and Procedures manual
- Assist in preparing and entering accounting allocation entries
- Assist in preparation of the annual budget
- Assist in annual financial audit preparation
- Attend the annual conference in January and provide onsite support as needed. Assist in other conference procedures as needed
- Support the VP of Finance in other projects and account analysis as necessary to help in the smooth operation of the accounting function
- Accounting or Finance degree with a minimum of 2 years continuous accounting experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, as well as a good understanding of a number of computer packages including ERP systems.
- Knowledge of Management and Data Analytic systems is a plus.
- Familiar with budget preparation and financial statement analysis
- Strong public relations skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and courteously, both written and verbally.
Additional Position Requirements
- Up to 10% travel, primarily between Gainesville and Orlando, FL
- All prospective employees must pass a background check
NAVC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Submit Your ApplicationApply Today
Questions? You can contact Alisa Cochrane, Director of Human Resources, at ACochrane@NAVC.com.