DIVE INTO EARLY REGISTRATION for the NAVC Conference 2016. Register by midnight on October 14, 2015 to save up to 20%.
We welcome the entire Veterinary Healthcare Team including Veterinarians, Technicians, Practice Managers, Support Staff (Receptionists, Office assistants, etc), Veterinary and Technician Students, members of the Veterinary Industry and more.
There are five days of CE programming (Saturday – Wednesday). The Exhibit Halls are open for four days (Sunday – Wednesday).
The NAVC Conference offers lectures, Hands-on Labs, Masterclasses and Meet the Professor Luncheons in many different topics including:
NAVC Conference registration includes Scientific Sessions, Exhibit Hall access, daily lunch service, shuttle bus service and evening entertainment.Hands-on Labs, Masterclasses, Meet the Professor Luncheons and Behind the Scenes Tours require an additional fee.
The price varies depending on when you register and what category you fit into (Veterinarian, Veterinary Technician, Support Staff, Student, etc.). Our Early Registration price ends on October 14, and there is another price increase on December 14. Full NAVC Conference registration costs will be posted here, once they are announced.
With more than 1,200 CE credit hours to chose from, an attendee can attain as many as 41.5 hours of CE by taking advantage of the full slate of scheduled sessions in the course of the five-day NAVC Conference.
We have two Exhibit Halls, one at the Gaylord Palms and one at the Orlando World Center Marriott. We welcome over 650 different companies selling everything from the latest surgical equipment to custom website packages to animal themed jewelry. Learn more on our Exhibit Hall page.
We offer fun events every evening for all attendees. Check out our Events & Entertainment page for all of the details on the upcoming Conference.
Yes! You may purchase a Guest Badge for adult family members or friends for $75 (children under 18 do not need a Guest Badge). A Guest Badge allows access to the Exhibit Halls, evening entertainment and shuttle buses. It does not allow access to scientific sessions. We also offer a fun child care option as well as a number of Family Tours, plus discounted tickets to Disney and Universal Theme parks and other Orlando area attractions. Check out our Events & Entertainment as well as our Tours page for all of the details. See all our Family services and information.
NAVC Conference 2015 Attendance: 16,383 TOTAL
The NAVC Conference attracts attendees from 60 to 70 different countries each year.
We negotiate rates with several area hotels in addition to the three host hotels. Specific rates and locations can be found here.
PC and Mac Users
1. Click on the download links in the Conference Order Confirmation and save the Digital Proceedings .ePub file(s)
2. DO NOT OPEN the files. Save them in a location that you will remember.
3. Download and install: Adobe – Digital Editions (click here). This will be your primary eBook Library. This is not the same as Adobe Reader!
You may skip steps 3-5 if you have OS X 10.9.0 and up. Open the ePubs from your downloads folder and use iBooks already installed on your Mac.
4. Open Digital Editions Click on File then select Add to Library
5. Browse to the downloaded .ePub files and select the saved ePub file(s), then click Open or Add.
The digital proceedings are now saved in the Adobe Digital Library. You can open/view the Digital Proceedings books by double clicking the file. To add another open ePub publication to your library click File → Copy to Library.
iPad and iPhone Users
1. Make sure that you have the latest version iOS and of iBooks on your iPad or iPhone. You can install iBooks via the App Store for free. Upgrade to iOS 7 from iTunes.
2. Open mail on your ipad and find the Conference Registration Confirmation email that you received. Open this email on your ipad and click and on the download link PC/Mac/Ipad/Android that shows in the order section of the proceedings. In the pop-up select open in iBooks. I may seem like nothing is happening, but the download can take a few minutes, please be patient.
3. The Safari app will load and the address bar will turn into a process bar to download the large ePub file. This will take some time depending on your internet speeds. Once it is completed (blue) select Open in iBooks.
The Digital Proceedings will be added to your iBooks library.
1. Make sure that you have Overdrive Book Reader installed on your Android device. You can install Aldiko via the Play Store for free.
2. Open your mail app and click on the download links in the Conference Order Confirmation email.
The download will take some time to complete since they are large, notification center will notify on completion. When completed, Open the Overdrive App.
3. Click on the Files icon, navigate to the Download folder and click on the ePub file to Import. You can also select the boxes to the right to import multiple ePubs at once.
The Digital Proceeding ePub will be added to your Shelf View.
Windows Mobile and Surface rt Users
1. Make sure you have OverDrive installed on your windows device. You can install OverDrive via the Store for free.
2. Open your mail app and click on the download links in the email Conference Order Confirmation email.
The download will take some time to complete since they are large, IE may open to start the download process. When completed, Open the OverDrive App.
3. At the bottom of the screen, you will be asked if you want to save the file, click Open.
After a few moments of importing, the Digital Proceeding ePub will be added to My Collection.
1. On a Mac or PC, Open your mail app or website and click on the download links in the Conference Order Confirmation email.
DO NOT OPEN the files. Save them in a location that you will remember.
2. Navigate to the location where you downloaded the mobi files. Select them and Copy them using CTRL+C or Edit → Copy.
3. Plug your Kindle to the USB port of your computer.
Navigate to your Kindle:
Windows: Start → Computer → Kindle
Mac: Finder → Kindle
4. Open the Documents folder in the Kindle and CTRL+V or Edit → Paste the mobi files.
On completion, safely disconnect the Kindle from the USB drive.
This moderated community is presented by the North American Veterinary Community (NAVC) to provide an online educational gathering place for Veterinarians, Veterinary Technicians and Veterinary Practice Staff. It’s an extension of your NAVC VetFolio subscription, with certain aspects also open to any veterinary professional. Here, you ‘ll find friends and colleagues who have similar interests, share tips and information, make connections with possible employers, network with your peers, discuss solutions to issues you may be experiencing, chat about your pets, blow off steam, get feedback from our expert faculty and much more. One important fact that sets this community apart is that our NAVC VetFolio subscriber forums are moderated to ensure that our education-focused mission is providing you with reliable, quality content. How Does Community Work? Forums The NAVC Community offers forums in a variety of topics, from general discussion groups for Veterinarians, Veterinary Technicians and Practice Managers to species-specific forums where you can share ideas about new research, treatments, etc. While most forums are open to everyone, there are some private and closed moderated forums that require special access.
How Can You Stay Safe Online?NAVC and VetFolio do not endorse any of the content or advice you receive within these groups, forums or personal blogs. The information contained within that content is solely the opinion of the contributor. Remember to take all advice and feedback that you read anywhere online, including this community, with a grain of salt. Double-check your facts. Here are a few other tips to stay safe online: