Senior Account Executive
LOCATION: Field Sales Position
REPORTS TO: NAVC Publishing VP Sales & Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pay Level: Base Salary & Commission
Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Gainesville, Florida, with offices in Orlando, Florida, the North American Veterinary Community (NAVC) is a non-profit organization providing world-class professional development to the global veterinary healthcare community. NAVC offers a competitive salary and full benefits package that includes medical, dental and life insurance as well as a 401K plan. Most importantly we provide a fun, engaging and collaborative working environment where your talents and strengths will be utilized to serve the veterinary profession and assist in achievement of the NAVC mission.
The ideal candidate for the NAVC Publishing Senior Account Executive sales position is an individual with a successful track record of 5 to 10 years Animal Health Publishing sales experience or similar Publishing sales experience in a highly competitive field. The ideal candidate must have excellent oral, written and communication skills with the ability to sell and develop long term strategic relationships at every level of a corporate structure including but not limited to senior executive and marketing teams at the Industry partner level along with the experience in strategic selling to agencies. Knowledge of Peer Reviewed, Business and Distribution Publications a plus.
The NAVC Publishing Senior Account Executive will be responsible for attainment of an assigned annual quota in accordance with the NAVC approved financial budget and goals.
- Creation of a strategic business plan within all assigned accounts including Manufactures, Agencies, Associations and other Animal Health service and support providers.
- Management of the entire sales cycle from sourcing of new advertisers to securing print & digital advertising placements for all NAVC Publishing Journals (Today’s Veterinary Practice, Today’s Veterinary Nurse, Today’s Veterinary Business and Vet-Advantage).
- Securing new sales opportunities through strategic selling disciplines and networking thus resulting in long term strategic partnerships between advertiser and NAVC Publishing.
- Provide professional after-sales support to all assigned accounts to enhance the advertisers partnership with NAVC across all NAVC offerings (VMX, Sponsorships, Spark!, Veterinary Innovation Council, Vetty Awards, etc).
- Responsibilities include the negotiation of commercial terms in accordance with NAVC Publishing pricing policy and terms & conditions.
- Maintaining all customer data in NAVC’s CRM system (Prosper Works) including but not limited to key customer data, decision makers, influencers, advertising partners, product portfolio, sales data and key animal health industry trends.
- Support NAVC key strategic account development with VMX Conference, Strategic Account Managers and NAVC Senior Management to develop strategic recommendations across a wide range of potential NAVC solutions.
- 5+ years’ experience in selling advertising in the animal health publishing market
- Expert knowledge of the advertising strategic sales process and dynamics of the publishing process.
- Experience in working with a diverse customer base and the associated agencies that partner with them
- Excellent presentation and computer skills
Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred
- Superb people skills with a proven ability to interact with colleagues in cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills and program management skills, including a demonstrated ability to efficiently plan, organize and manage projects with limited direct supervision
- Track record of taking initiative and driving projects through to completion
- Mature, detail-oriented, able to work well under tight deadlines and work independently, collaboratively and with a team, solving problems in a resourceful manner
- Ability to manage advertisers key projects and deliverables
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and needs of the organization
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and Google Applications
Environmental Position Requirements
- All prospective employees must pass a background check
For additional information and to apply, contact Alisa Cochrane, Director of Human Resources, at ACochrane@NAVC.com.