Revenue Accounting Manager
POSITION TITLE: Revenue Accounting Manager
LOCATION: Orlando, FL
REPORTS TO: Controller
FLSA Status: Exempt
Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Gainesville, Florida, with offices in Orlando, Florida, the North American Veterinary Community (NAVC) is a non- profit organization providing world-class professional development to the global veterinary healthcare community. Most importantly we provide a fun, engaging and collaborative working environment where your talents and strengths will be utilized to serve the veterinary profession and assist in achievement of the NAVC mission.
This role is focused on having the responsibility to develop, plan, organize and implement current and future strategies to invoice customers, process payments, minimize bad debt, improve cash flow and manage the overall health of the company’s receivables. Also responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of NAVC as they relate to the revenue cycle, which include but are not limited to billing, collections, accounts receivables and financial planning.
- Prepare and send all invoices for NAVC – sponsorships, exhibitors, advertisers and other items
- Prepare monthly aging reports, follow-up with unpaid accounts and make collection calls
- Reconcile accounts receivable and related deferred revenue accounts
- Develop policies, guidelines, and procedures and ensures consistent company-wide implementation.
- Provides projections and reports for development and management of budget and forecast.
- Compiles and prepares various status reports for management in order to analyze trends and make recommendations for efficiencies or profitability enhancements.
General Accounting Duties
- Produce and analyze monthly reports that assist in the monthly forecast process.
- Monitor investment portfolio and record monthly transactions in the General Ledger
- Assist in preparing and entering accounting allocation entries
- Assist in preparation of the annual budget
- Assist in annual financial audit preparation
- Attend the annual NAVC conference each year in January and provide onsite support as needed. Assist in other conference procedures as needed
- Support the CFO/Controller in other projects and account analysis as necessary to help in the smooth operation of the accounting function
- Accounting or Finance degree with a minimum of 5 years continuous accounting experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, as well as a good understanding of a number of computer packages including ERP systems.
- Knowledge of Management and Data Analytic systems is a plus.
- Familiar with budget preparation and financial statement analysis
- Strong public relations skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and courteously, both written and verbally
Additional Position Requirements
- Up to 10% travel
- All prospective employees must pass a background check
NAVC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please contact:
Director of Human Resources